Miss Nepal International' Arya: Nepal is not just about Mount Everest and Buddha, but a country of many values
Arya, a business finance student, wants to move forward in working to provide equal access to education. 'Besides Miss Nepal, my dream is to work towards giving everyone equal access to education. I want to do business in a non-profit way,' she says.
Madhesh Province has won 'Miss Nepal' for the second time. A few years after Nikita Chandak became 'Miss Nepal World', Arya Nishant was declared 'Miss Nepal International 2026' last week. Arya, who has a gentle and friendly nature, is a fashion model and an educational activist. She will represent the country in the international competition of 'Miss International' to be held in Japan on November 25.
She said that winning the 'Miss Nepal' crown added a sense of responsibility on her shoulders. She mentioned that she now has a greater duty to uplift the country's reputation on the international stage. After the crown came onto my head, for a moment I felt like I was in a dream,' she said, 'I felt a big responsibility had been added. I will be recognized as Nepal on the international stage. That brings pride as well as a heavy burden.
.
She says that she had an excellent day and that she went into the competition to challenge herself. 'I went in with the mindset to give my best without comparing myself to others or having expectations. It's a matter of luck. I didn't focus on the results. Even if I hadn't won, I wouldn't have returned with a heavy heart. I'm happy that I won,' she says. She believes that after becoming Miss Nepal, the audience trying to hear and watch her will increase. She says that even after winning the title, her personal nature won't change, but she acknowledges that the responsibility of representing the country has increased.
.
She says that the 'Miss Nepal' crown is not just filled with diamonds, but it also carries the expectations of all Nepalis. 'This crown is not just full of diamonds; it will hold the hopes of all Nepalis. When I go to the international stage, I will have to represent in a way that satisfies everyone,' she says.
She mentions that on the 'Miss International' stage in Japan, she will try to show that Nepal is not just the country of Everest and Buddha, but also to make people understand its values. 'I want to show that Nepal is not only the land of Everest and Buddha, but we Nepalis are friendly, we treat guests like gods, and it’s also the land of Gorkhas,' she says, 'I will also try to reflect these values in my personality.
She says that the personality of the previous 'Miss Nepal' influenced and inspired her. 'Definitely, Miss Nepal is the biggest platform among the country's beauty pageants. Any woman who comes to be Miss Nepal, it reflects in her personality that she is Miss Nepal. That’s why I joined the pageantry,' she said. She believes that the biggest thing she learned from her journey from auditioning to winning the crown is not to give up. 'Sometimes there are many challenges in life. If you make a mistake or things go wrong, you shouldn’t let it break your heart. Get up every day and try to give your best,' is her advice.
.
Talking about collapsing on stage in the post-audition round, she said that falling is not a problem. 'Falling is not the issue, getting back up is what matters. Being able to get up and walk is the real win,' she said. She mentions being inspired by the works of former Nepali artists like Nikita Chandak and Shrinkhala Khatiwada. 'The love they received and the way they made a name for themselves on international platforms has motivated me,' she says.
Arya, a student of business finance, wants to move forward in the work of providing equal access to education. ‘Apart from Miss Nepal, my dream is to work toward giving everyone equal access to education. I want to do business in a non-profit way,’ she says.
She mentions that in the Miss International competition, she plans to address the agenda of quality education under the 17 Sustainable Development Goals set by the United Nations. In the end, she gives a piece of advice to the youth today – draw the path of your life yourself, seize opportunities, don’t give up, and your dreams will come true.



Comments
Post a Comment